By accessing or using this web site (including any website owned or operated by WaterGuru, Inc. (“WaterGuru”, the “Site”) in any manner, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms”) without any modification and to the exclusion of all other terms. You agree that you will be responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing the Site and should log off of it immediately. The materials contained in the Site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law and other applicable proprietary rights and laws. If you are entering into these Terms on behalf of an entity, then you represent and warrant that you are authorized to bind such entity to these Terms.
The Site is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old. You represent and warrant that if you are an individual, you are at least 13 years old, you are of legal age to agree to these terms and conditions or you have your parents’ permission to do so, and that all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful. WaterGuru may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Site to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time. This provision is void where prohibited by law and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
2. USE LICENSE
Subject your full compliance with these Terms, permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on WaterGuru’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on WaterGuru’s web site (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law);
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by WaterGuru at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Without limiting the foregoing, you shall not (and shall not permit any third party to) either (i) take any action or (ii) upload, download, post, submit or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content on or through the Site, that:
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other right of any other person or entity;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk, spam or bulk e-mail;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without WaterGuru’s prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer codes, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of WaterGuru or any third party; or
- impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of WaterGuru.
- Additionally, you shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by WaterGuru in its sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on WaterGuru’s (or its third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypass any measures WaterGuru may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site); or (iv) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site.
As a condition to using certain aspects of the Site, you will be required to register with WaterGuru and select a password and screen name (“WaterGuru User ID”). You shall provide WaterGuru with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of these Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account. You shall not (i) select or use as a WaterGuru User ID a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a WaterGuru User ID a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use as a WaterGuru User ID a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. WaterGuru reserves the right to refuse registration of, or cancel a WaterGuru User ID in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your WaterGuru password. You shall never use another user’s account without such other user’s express permission. You will immediately notify WaterGuru in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
4. USER SUBMISSIONS
The Site may provide you with the ability to upload, submit, disclose, distribute or otherwise post (hereafter, “posting”) data, text, photographs, graphics, visualizations, videos, audio clips, written forum comments, software, scripts, works of authorship or other information or content, to the Site (“User Submissions”). By posting User Submissions on or at the Site, you agree to the following:
- By submitting the User Submissions to WaterGuru, or displaying, publishing, or otherwise posting any content on or through the Site, you hereby do and shall grant WaterGuru a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, sub licensable and transferable license to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise fully exploit the User Submissions in connection with the Site, and WaterGuru’s (and its successors’ and assigns’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (including, without limitation, third party websites). You also hereby do and shall grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Site, and to use, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Site and under these Terms. For clarity, the foregoing license grant to WaterGuru does not affect your other ownership or license rights in your User Submission(s), including the right to grant additional licenses to the material in your User Submission(s), unless otherwise agreed in writing;
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all rights to such User Submissions and that disclosure and use of such User Submissions by WaterGuru (including without limitation, publishing content on or at the Site) will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party; and
- You acknowledge and agree that: (i) without limiting the licenses granted by you to WaterGuru with respect to your User Submissions, WaterGuru shall have the right to reformat, excerpt, or translate your User Submissions; (ii) all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Site is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated; (iii) WaterGuru will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content; and (iv) WaterGuru cannot guarantee the identity of any other users with whom you may interact in the course of using the Site.
You hereby grant WaterGuru a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub licensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Site any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback that you provide to WaterGuru relating to the operation of the Site.
WaterGuru does not endorse and has no control over any User Submission. WaterGuru cannot guarantee the authenticity of any data which users may provide about themselves. You acknowledge that all content accessed by you using the Site and all User Submissions provided by you are is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to any party resulting therefrom.
WaterGuru has no obligation to monitor the Site or User Submissions. WaterGuru may remove any User Submission at any time for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such User Submission), or for no reason at all.
THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS ON THE SITE (INCLUDING WITH LIMITATION ANY USER SUBMISSIONS) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. WATERGURU MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, WATERGURU DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ITS INTERNET WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH MATERIALS OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
In no event shall WaterGuru or its directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers be liable under any contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or other legal or equitable theory with respect to the Site or your use thereof for (i) any direct damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) in excess of one-hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00), or (ii) any special, incidental, indirect, consequential or punitive damages of any kind whatsoever, even if WaterGuru or a WaterGuru authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
7. REVISIONS AND ERRATA
The materials appearing on WaterGuru’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. WaterGuru does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. WaterGuru may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. WaterGuru does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
WaterGuru has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by WaterGuru of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk, and you acknowledge that WaterGuru shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by on in connection with your use of such linked websites or any content or materials contained therein.
You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless WaterGuru, its affiliates and each of its, and its affiliates employees, contractors, directors, suppliers and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, that arise from or relate to i) your use or misuse of, or access to, the Site or otherwise from your User Submissions, (ii) your violation of these Terms, or (iii) infringement by you, or any third party using the your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. WaterGuru reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with WaterGuru in asserting any available defenses.
WaterGuru may terminate your access to all or any part of the Site at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your membership. If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Site. All provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Any claim relating to WaterGuru’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to the Terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You and WaterGuru agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Site must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled by arbitration in San Francisco County, California, using the English language in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS. The prevailing party in the arbitration shall be entitled to receive reimbursement of its reasonable expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees and all other expenses) incurred in connection therewith. Judgment upon the award so rendered may be entered in a court having jurisdiction or application may be made to such court for judicial acceptance of any award and an order of enforcement, as the case may be. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to institute an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable relief pending a final decision by the arbitrator. For all purposes of this Agreement, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United States Federal Courts located in the Northern District of California. Use of the Site is not authorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these Terms, including without limitation, this section.
These Terms are the entire agreement between you and WaterGuru with respect to the use of the Site, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and WaterGuru with respect to the Site. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. WaterGuru shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond WaterGuru’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. These Terms are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sub licensable by you except with WaterGuru’s prior written consent. WaterGuru may assign, transfer or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without consent. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. In any action or proceeding to enforce rights under these Terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to recover costs and attorneys’ fees.
14. DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE
As WaterGuru asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material located on or linked to by or through the Site violates your copyright, you may notify WaterGuru in accordance with the following policy. The address of WaterGuru’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is listed at the end of this policy.
It is WaterGuru’s policy to (1) block access to or remove content that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
A. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that content residing on or accessible through the Site infringes a copyright, please send a written notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed, or a person authorized to act on such person’s behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted works or materials allegedly being infringed;
- Identification of the content that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the exact location of the content that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that WaterGuru is capable of finding and verifying its existence;
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing content is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is the copyright holder is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
B. Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent:
It is WaterGuru’s policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing content;
- to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the content; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing content removed from the system and that WaterGuru will terminate such content provider’s, member’s or user’s access to the service.
C. Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
If the content provider, member or user believes that the content that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such content from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Content provider’s, member’s or user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the of Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s, member’s or user’s address is located, or if the content provider’s, member’s or user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which WaterGuru is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, WaterGuru’s may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at WaterGuru’s discretion.
Please contact WaterGuru’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement below.
Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
ATTN: General Counsel
150 Post Street, Suite 650
San Francisco CA 94108
Questions regarding these Terms, the WATERGURU PRIVACY STATEMENT (which is hereby incorporated into these Terms by this reference), or the information practices of the WaterGuru Site should be directed to WaterGuru Privacy by mailing:
ATTN: General Counsel
150 Post Street, Suite 650
San Francisco CA 94108
This document was last updated on May 21, 2018.